Follow us on:
IAFFPE is a recognized 501(c)3 patient advocacy organization focused on providing science-based, credible, reliable and medically sound information derived from evidence-based research and practices.
IAFFPE’s research agenda includes peer-reviewed grants to gastroenterologists, allergists and immunologists with particular interest in FPIES. Our research initiatives are aimed at finding early detection techniques and a streamlined approach to treating FPIES patients. Our key initiatives include:
- Creation of an ICD-9 code for Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome
- Development of diagnostic and treatment guidelines for FPIES
- Establishment and advancement of broad-based educational programs for patients, families and treating physicians
- Development of peer-reviewed young investigator awards with major medical organizations
- Strategic partnerships with professional societies, the National Institute of Health, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology